Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chess Developments 6.Bg5 Najdorf (Read 32742 times)
MartinC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Chess Developments 6.Bg5 Najdorf
Reply #3 - 07/31/13 at 10:52:10
Post Tools
Regardless of how good/bad it is - last I looked at the annotations here it looked very messy - I do think that castling kingside there is a truly wonderful idea Smiley

IP Logged

gwnn

Reply #2 - 07/31/13 at 09:35:03
Post Tools
The Ju Wenjun line is mentioned by Daniel King in his Najdorf DVD (not a lot of analysis though, he basically offers 3-4 lines against Bg5, whilst warning you that more homework is needed in any case).

IP Logged

najdorfslayer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 07/30/13 at 18:57:50
Post Tools
I would particularly like to see this topical line. This has been played by Ju Wenjun a few times as well as players like David Navara with some success.

Are there any opinions on this line?

I would also like to know what the status of the following line is at the moment

I am primarily a Scheveningen player as Black wishing to change to playing the Najdorf instead.

I don't fancy the PP I did look at 7...Qc7 also but feel more at home playing the Old Main Line

IP Logged

najdorfslayer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Chess Developments 6.Bg5 Najdorf
07/29/13 at 16:29:13
Post Tools
http://www.everymanchess.com/chess/books/Chess_Developments%3A_Sicilian_Najdorf_...

Looking forward to this book, wondering what lines are going to be covered.

I so hope some stuff on the Old Main Line is covered with 7...Be7. I don't know of any recent books that covers this except Pallisers SO Najdorf.

I don't really care about the Poisioned Pawn, that seems to covered everywhere (Sharpest Sicilian, Winning with the Najdorf).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo